• Where is the Santa Claw?
The Santa Claw is ALIVE in Gizmodo Gallery. Huzzah!
• How do I play the Santa Claw?
You operate the Santa Claw using controls on the graphic interface following this link. Just hop in the virtual line, and when it’s your turn, you’ll get to control the claw for one turn. A webcam mounted on claw shows you the it’s position’s position. You’re aiming at the huge pit of inflated balls. Your game will be seen by visitors in the gallery and broadcast to anyone who feels like watching. The game runs 24 hours a day until the gallery closes on Sunday.
• Is it fun?
• Can I win anything?
• What’s the deal with prizes?
If you manage to snatch up one of the balls and deposit it down the chimney a couple things can happen. Certain prizes are only for people in the gallery, so whoever nabs the ball you won gets a prize. We’ve also got a heap of special prizes available to people playing online, nab the ball that stands for one of those, and the Santa Claw will capture your contact info and we’ll ship it to.
These prizes are for visitors only.
• Yellow ball: Whoever picks this one up wins a Gizmodo t-shirt or a set of buckyballs.
• Pink ball: Nerd prize. Whoever picks this one up scores two tickets to the American Museum of Natural History, which as you might know, is one of our favorite places in New York.
Will be mailed to the player who grabbed the ball online:
• Samsung logo: We’re giving away an array of Samsung phones and tablets. Grab this ball, and you get one. We’ll add a few more everyday.
• Roku logo: You win a brand new Roku box. Same deal, we’ll add a few new balls every day.
• SUPER-SPECIAL LEGO GREEN: As we mentioned before, we’re giving away a life size Santa Yoda Minifig built entirely of Legos. Only one person will be lucky to win the Force-enhancing presence of Lego Santa Yoga. It would be you. When are we putting this one into the mix? When the time is right.